*Pretty big sigh*
A little bummed. The lady I was hitching a ride with has decided to just spend the couple weeks up north, and I can't really do that. Don't want to burn all of my year's vacation, nor be gone that long. Glad she gave me a heads up though, so I can stir up more lemonade.
So I have two long four day weekends planned (PTO approved), and no place to go. Thinking about how to use those two weekends to the best advantage for bringing Journey along. Leaves me down to the one CMO in October. I'll miss out on my shot at the two team rides I needed for points in short course (was going to get those in Illinois). I might check into camping at Henryville. I'm not sure how the horse camp area fared in the tornados last year...Maybe someone on ITRA will know.
Anyone want to hop in and go camping? Climb some hills?
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association