Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
June 28, 2013
Isn't it Pretty?
Photo credit In the past week I have spent hours chopping this stuff down with a hand scythe better known as manual weed whacking It is stinging nettle and makes your skin (and your horses) feel like you are being burned by zillions of biting insects. Okay, that might be a little over the top but NOT MUCH. The whole bottom of our back woods is covered in this stuff, and that is one of my woodland trails to keep the Spotted Wonder tuned up. She has a nice three foot path all the way through there now. Next project is taking a tree limb down with a hand saw so I can zoom under without ducking, and then convincing LSEGH to fire up the bush hog and mow a path back to the hill of mud and doom which is on the other side of that tree.
Yellow squash browning on the stove, my WORLD FAMOUS pork chops on a platter ready to serve, fresh sliced cucumbers and onions chilling in vinegar, salt, and pepper & my secret ingredient in the fridge, a small dish of augratin potatoes warming. Oh! I have to go back out and pull green onions ☺ I love food in the summer time.