I do love the distance sports. Even though I'm out of the loop, I still enjoy reading endurance, and contemplating the conditioning and stamina of the top horses in the sport. But international is being tainted by doping scandals. It's too bad that "winning" over-rules the welfare of the horse on this other endurance platform.
...the “negative evolution” of endurance in the Middle East is now so
unacceptable that concerned endurance riders and officials elsewhere in
the world believe a breakaway movement should be considered." ~ Horse and Hound.
A breakaway movement indeed.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association