Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
November 27, 2012
Wrapping up the Big Bad Blogger's Distance Race
Okay ladies! Just a few more days to go. Please be sure to email me privately with your full name, and shipping address. I'd like your final miles posted a.s.a.p. after the end of November so I can get the prizes delivered. You can email this information to me privately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Though participation (or lack of by some) really put the wookie on this thing, I'm so proud of those who kept up their mileage logs and hung with it for a full year. We ride these miles anyway, so why not have a sweet little payoff in the end yes? Sadly a few horses were pulled due to health issues and I hope these horses are doing better, my thoughts go out to you.
I've decided that I will not have the BBBDR next year and will defer to the very active Distance Derby going on at another blog. I'm happy my "idea" got feet, even if it will be somewhere else ☺
So! You ladies still hanging in there, wrap up your miles as soon as possible in December (remember no miles count after the last day of November). You have seven days to post FINAL MILEAGE TOTALS (but sooner would be better). Please put FINAL on your last BBBDR blog posting so I know you are done. ~ E.G.