Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
October 5, 2012
Stirring it up ....a CMO clinic
I am seriously wanting to get a chapter/group started in the southeastern part of the state for CMO. Logistically I'm geographically separated from most of the rides. The only answer is to build a group down here and get some rides going in our corner of the state. My compass pointing and plate finding skills are good enough to potentially host some clinics. Have any of you ever promoted an event from scratch? If so please post or email me (email@example.com) any ideas you might have on building interest for the sport, and getting some folks out for a CMO clinic. This sport is so open to all age groups, all rider ability, for those who are competitive, and for those who are not. The organization is not as large as AERC, and the rides are clustered within several regions. But the sport is wide open for growth in all the states, and a ride would not be difficult to set up. I'm hoping!