I'm so excited! Marti C who is the regional director for Indiana/Illinois has invited me to catch ride a CMO weekend after next. Her team is in contention for a National Team award and a team member needs to be somewhere else that weekend. So guess who gets to ride with the front runners?
(sound effect of little chubby woman bouncing up and down).
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (chubby woman's squeal of excitement)
I will be riding Amir at the Illinois ride weekend after next as a catch rider for their team. Happily all I need to do is hang with it, follow, and try to eyeball some plates (targets).
In the meantime I have a new pair of glasses in transit. Journey sort of put a "sprong" to mine with her head. LSEGH found me a compass with bigger numbers on it and a dial that turns more easily than the one I was using. So I should be able to see the numbers better.
Can you tell I'm excited?
Fun, fun, fun!
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association