Those of you who have done this sport, please get in contact with me as I have some questions. If you live in INDIANA (bonus points!!!). I've went to the website and it gives a brief synopsis of the sport, led me to the facebook page for the Indiana group (pending acceptance there). But I have some questions.
How long, is the long course?
Are there time limits to complete?
How long is the short course?
How does team riding work? vs. Riding your own ride as an individual?
So far I've written two people in the sport in this region but have not received a response, but there is a ride going on this weekend so I assume that is where those folks are.
Karen that posted here on CMO's, your help would be greatly appreciated. I won't get to start this year, only one more Indiana ride this season. I may drive up though just to meet some of the folks.. and get a feel for how the process works. I wrote another person (Marti C) about an hour from here that also manages a ride about an hour from me. Hopefully she will respond and maybe I can draft her into showing me the ropes over the course of the late fall and early winter. Crossing fingers. As an aside, I feel these rides would be really good for Journey mentally as we can likely self-pace at "Journey" speed. I'm kind of excited about the prospect of trying something a little different.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association