Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
July 28, 2012
Registered Appaloosa Horses in Endurance
Mike Maul was kind enough to run some numbers through the AERC data base for me (thanks Mike!). I was wondering how many Appaloosa horses are currently participating in Endurance/LD. I was shocked at the number which is amazingly low...approximately 67 TOTAL?
About ten of these are participating in the MIDWEST (including the spotted wonder).
Well----nothing like a challenge, huh?
This information will be good for another purpose. Knowing who rides these horses with their particular challenges I can pick the brains of the more successful riders, who possibly may graciously share some management tips with me. The highest mileage on the report was 1470 (total combined miles) for a rider in the Southwest on Chelsea Costar. Next up was Apache Red Arrow with 655 miles.
I'm wanting to sing "Aint' no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough, ain't no river wide enough" don't hate me when you can't get it out of your head.