Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
July 28, 2012
Newbie's corner: The Training Hill
here). When doing this work I keep my session to about an hour of intermittent work, but in the beginning was doing way less. We use our downhill walk as a cool down period between hill climbing sets. A hill training session once of twice a week really builds up every system of the horse. It is great cardio work, muscles them up nicely, and the sessions are short, so easier to fit into a busy schedule. Just find that perfect hill!