Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
June 8, 2012
Trying a different Bit
Yesterday I picked up a new bit for Journey. It is a snaffle with a short shank, chin chain (which I will wrap with vet wrap to soften), and has a double break with a copper rolly ball thingy over the tongue. We start work today to get a little more response to "give" to the bit and begin to work on a more responsive whoa. I'm going to hang on to her Myler bit, but I have a Parelli Myler bit I will sell of anyone is interested. It needs a new nose band/ chin strap which can be ordered through Myler or Parelli. Asking $75 for it, or would trade for a good used Toklat Woolback Pad or a good size O easyboot Glove. ~ E.G.