Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
May 14, 2012
Scioto Trails Ohio
Any lurkers out there ridden this ride? I'm wondering about the terrain. How well the trail has been marked on past rides (just sayin' *LOL*), and is it a generally amiable group? The ride is put on by OAATS. The only person I know from OAATS is Maureen Fehrs and she always seems nice. I expect it is a hot and humid ride, someone said it has killer hills (kind of the little pre-foothills to the Appalachian chain). If I can manage to pull off the hilly Clark ride in a few weeks...PLEASE GOD, I was thinking of pointing that way. But I'm a bit wiser now. Ask questions before committing to a ride. So I'm asking! Unfortunately I think most of my lurkers are from parts farther flung than Ohio.