Trailer packed: check
Truck ready to roll: check
Ready to brave the trails of Top of the Rock: ummmmmmm....reckon so.
A prayer to the distance trail God:
Let Journey and I ride safe.
Swing the thunderstorm a little to the left or right.
Keep Journey in her pre-tested electric pen.
Please protect us from utter stupidity (mine and others).
Let us do the best we are able to do.
Let us find satisfaction in the doing, rather than the outcome.
Off to the woods on the Royal Spotted Wonder.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association