O-M-G! This is my all-time favorite blog post EVER.
Hilarious, as I just came home from a four hour drive to ride two hours with friends I've missed. Especially the wonderful woman who mentored me into this sport. The wild speckled wonder did great in this group ride (our first). A weeeeeeeee bit too stretched out at the gallop but minding her manners for the most part. I can't wait for the first ride of the season even if I'm not an endurance rider....(I'm sorry I could not help myself).
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association