Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
January 20, 2012
Determined, capable, single-minded, persistent, consistent, endurance tough all attributes of an endurance rider. Willing to crawl out of bed in the dark to cram in a training ride, or come home from work mind or bone weary to do the same. Having the stick-to-it-ness to build up a sport horse, sometimes from the ground up. Riding long and slow for a year, or two to have a horse that can really hang with it. Endurance riders are an amazing example of people willing to push the boundaries of their own personal capability to see "what is next." Yet willing to set all their hopes and dreams aside for the sake of their horse. Good people. I'm trying....I'll get there. (30 miles and counting...) ~ E.G.