It is interesting what talking to an expert can do for you. I did. It clarified some things for me and I feel almost joyously liberated from my rut. Nothing is truly different today than it was yesterday, but I understand a few things, and accept a few others.
Journey and I are going to be a speckled, freckled, spotted, and randomly striped team. You can learn a lot from someone who is really willing to look at you, your horse, and your goals from the outside. I know this means absolutely nothing to whomever is reading it, but I FEEL GOOD about my future with Journey.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association