If I have any of your info wrong, please comment below so I can correct. I think Sky King's Girl is right now.
Get a notepad to keep track of your miles with the date/ miles ridden/ new total. Post these to the comment section on your ride entry over on the BBBDR. Be honest, and if you don't know the mileage fairly accurately use the 3 miles per hour rule, meaning give yourself 3 miles for each hour ridden. If you GPS, or have measured the course, or the DNR has mapped it at a park, use their measurement for the miles. Be honest, have fun! And report in!!!
Your big bad trophy awaits.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association