Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
November 19, 2011
The Garmin Forerunner 205
I got to test ride it today in spite of the cold blustery wind. I was thrilled with the result, and will be able to keep more accurate records of our LSD rides from this point forward. The resulting map and tortoise average speed can be found on Journey's page, we spent some time stopped grazing, and really didn't move out. Just put-putted along to test it. I'm very pleased. On the Garmin site I have a calender and her workouts will automatically appear on the calendar with weekly totals. I can embed the maps (we use BING). It will be a useful tool once Journey has the mental fortitude to train regularly solo. It gets a thumbs up ☺