October 30, 2011

Transitioning into the Easyboot Gloves

She's getting there...right front has the better "V" that hoof is a bit wider.  The spread isn't as good as I'd like it to be, but honestly so far they've stay put without any grief at all.  For insurance I'd use some tape/or Goober for an actual competitive ride.  I'd Goober the sole, level it off, rub a little Goober on the inner surface of the boot, snug up the gaiters and forget it.  If they can stay on in the grass for a full out wild uphill gallop, they aren't going to come off trotting along.  We are four months into hoof transition at this point (thanks to my hoof trimming husband).  I figure by spring, things should be looking good in the hoof boot department.  I'd like to mention that these are brand new out of the box boots.  Over time the boots do stretch slightly which can affect fit (in our case the older boots I'd use sports tape).   Journey doesn't know what to think of boots and she just kind of clomp, clomp, clomps along!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the same boat, transitioning Desire into Gloves. She was ridden in them before but back before her pregnancy which made her hooves go totally wacky. they are recovering back now to some concavity after getting dangerously flat. I've never used the Gloves before and so far only have two trail rides on my mare under my belt with all 4 on. She is a 1 in the front and 0s in the back and I currently have one power strap on the front right..so yeah her hooves are all different shapes and sizes and the Vs are spread better in the back than the front..its a bit of a mess but she trots out nicely in them and we're figuring it out.

    ReplyDelete