This is where Journey and I are headed next. Her Royal Spotted Cuteness is heading to boot camp (with Granny in tow). We've set up two hours for August, will set up a two hour clinic for September, and then hope to jump on board for the clinics as they become available.
This is where we are going: Michaella Walker Horsemanship
She was the winner of the 2010 Extreme Mustang Challenge...
Note that towards the end here she drops the bridle on this horse.
She supports a barefoot and natural horsemanship philosophy which are practices that are important to me. Journey and I have a long road ahead of us and I want her to be the spectacular (in my eyes) horse that I've always dreamed of, and I want to be more confident in my riding. This will be very, very good for us. We start on Saturday, from the ground up.
In Phebes little world we are starting anew on a new adventure. My long suffering endurance granny husband had three obstacles ready for us when I got home tonight. So we'll be setting up barrels and working to move a board in a perfect circle without dropping the board. We also have two hefty rattling branches and a rope to drag behind, and to back up and drag as well. LSEGH being the ingenious thinker he is purchased a bunch of brightly colored sand buckets that will be laid out to create a weaving pattern. If time allows this weekend or next I'll pick up poles for trotting over (may use these for Journey too as it would be a good topline building exercise as well as getting her to watch her feet).
Suddenly my year of loss has turned into something wonderfully positive ☺ ~ E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association