The heat continues as well as the sticky humidity. I think we've broken some kind of record for consecutive 90+ days. Woo hoo (not really).
On friday I made an lunch hour excursion to the Goodwill. I am a yard-sale, bargain bin, clearance rack, thrift store junky. Hey! I have horses to feed, so why pay full price when you can get it for half or less? A fashion diva I am NOT. I have four outfits for work, and rotate them. I figure my coworkers have a pool where they bet on which of the four I will wear that day. The odds are pretty good, at least 25% that someone will get it right. Anyway! So I have fifteen minutes to cruise through the Goodwill store. I thought I'd look for some horse related prints for a decorative project I have in mind. I spot two that look like paint by number, my hand falters...nah, those even assault "my" sense of style, and the paint horse looks kind of muddy orange. Something catches my peripheral vision (which is very good), something in bright primary colors. I knock some of the dust off and this is what I have.
...the absolutely worthless mass produced print. Ta da! And then I laughed, and continued grinning most of the afternoon. It was a treasure hunt. It was fun. And my absolutely priceless Miro' mass produced print now hangs proudly in the office. I've decided I will look for MORE OF THEM. Maybe start my own little gallery here at Endurance Granny headquarters. Still not riding, but life is good . ~ E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association