Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
June 17, 2011
Mare Wars: Part Two
Journey seems to have lost her urge to be aggressive towards Phebes, however Phebes has not forgotten she was bitten and kicked yesterday so she has taken to cantering to the other end of the lot ALL DAY LONG. She canters down, Journey follows at a walk. Phebes canters the other way, Journey again follows her down there, only to do it again, and again, and again. Phebes may indeed be a 50 mile horse by the time the day is over. I checked her muscle tone and it seemed alright. If this is the case, I can train Journey, and let Journey train Phebes as a back up horse (tongue firmly in cheek here). I was planning on adding the gelding to the mix today, but until Phebes quits running I don't want to stir it up any further. Maybe by Sunday. ~E.G.