I tried, I really did. But there just was no way the Euro 15 inch wide tree was going to work for me. Even though I'd go stare at it sadly, it was just too small. Like trying to fit me into pants that were too tight. Fortunately for me, Trailwise is working with me to find some sort of useful resolution so I'm swapping for a demo with a bigger seat. So I touched that blue suede seat with longing, bubble wrapped the saddle with care, and it leaves for Colorado today. Bye blue Euro!
Coming back to me is a used Euro 16 inch regular tree. In order to get the wide tree fitting Phebes I had to shim the heck out of it at the withers and across the loin area. So the regular tree with thin pads should be alright for Journey. Journey is about a half inch narrower at the wither than Phebes. The Crestridge has been working for her as long as I use the Skito with the thick pads. I'm going to try to fit the saddle to Journey using the Toklat Coolback without padding, or if I need padding I have some very thin shims in my Skito wool shaped pad. The saddle that is coming is mahogany, and the seat will be black. Since Journey is white with mahogany flecks and spots, it should look alright with her coat, but that is a pretty minimal issue. Wonder if there is a saddle fitter near us here in Indiana?
~ Granny with the BIG BUTT.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association