June 30, 2011

The Kingdom of Mare

  When weather warrants, I like to have 24 hour turn out.  The movement is good, they get to eat grass, and I save $ on hay.  We bring them in morning and evening to check for illness or injury, and to feed their concentrate / vitamin portion of their ration.  The three have conspired to STAY in their stalls.  I've resorted to rump slapping, digging in my heels and rump pushing, pulling on manes and heads, while any/all of the three stand there stuck to the stall floor by some magical magnetic force that I cannot release.  Only a swinging lead rope on their north ends will unroot them from their stalls.  I swear...they are all conspiring against me.  If two heads are better than one, then what is three but a rebellion in the Kingdome of Mare? ~ E.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment