click the link here
This was an interesting article on supplements with the Endurance horse strictly in mind. I did find it interesting that they recommend supplemental chromium to reduce lactic acid build-up. Phebes and I have nothing to lose at this point, so I may look into a supplementing her with a product called Tie-by put out by Animed, it has all the supplements mentioned in the article, and isn't terribly cost prohibitive. We already supplement E, Selenium, Magnesium, this would add DMG, Vitamin C, and Chromium. I have yet to figure out what DMG is yet, but I will.
It's a beautiful day today so I'm off to catch me a mare for some slow riding. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association