I have never seen a horse like something the way she likes the new soybean hull pellets and these things are super fiber! And they are cheap too. I can purchase two bags of these for the price of one bag of beet pulp or a single bag of her feed concentrate. We won't be making it a mainstay feed, but definitely a good addition to her roughage.
The rain continues...I now sink about three inches into mud walking in my yard. More rain coming in today. Geez-o-pete!
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association