After a short pleasure ride today I set to cleaning my saddle, and tack. The tools of the trade vary from a scrub brush for the stirrups, saddle soap and oil for the saddle, to the stuff you use on the car dash to brighten up her biothane items. That and a lot of plain old soap and water. The forecast is for rain, so I'm trying to get an extra blanket and extra saddle pad clean and dry. Twelve hour work day tomorrow. I've worn myself out.
Lida, the breakfast drink actually sounds good. I'm going with that and breakfast bars.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association