* The fit kit is enroute back to Specialized, then will ship to me. So saddle fitting and saddle building is currently in limbo. But hope is on the horizon!
*We have had torrential rainfall for the past two days, with flash flood warnings, and trail conditions that are a sea of mud. Hence we haven't been riding. Even the front lot is a mess of wet sloppy mud.
*I'm officially a full month behind on where I planned to be in training, so I may have to re-access my ride goals for the year.
*We are living vicariously on the thrill of other people's training rides ☺
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association