Long Rider's Gear Blog
Phebes and I ride with Lida & Doc now and then. Doc is an amazing, well-mannered, multi-disciplined horse. He's done everything from cutting cows, dressage, CTR, LD, Skijoring, and giving young riders "confidence." I can't really say enough about Lida either. She's a nice person to know, and treats you the same in person as she does here in the world of cyber blogging.
Lida, hug that big wooly guy (Doc) for me. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association