A quick question on accumulation of mileage (for chevron purposes) with AERC.
Horse: horse accumulates LD mileage and is awarded a new chevron every 250 miles?
Rider: rider accumulates LD mileage on any number of horses and is awarded a new chevron every 250 miles?
Regional LD mileage awards: goes to the top mileage LD horses in a given region, with no respect to placement, correct? Can these miles accumulate from any region? Or must you collect the miles from your own region? Say I decide to ride in KY, TN, or OH at some point, will those miles still count toward MY REGIONAL total? I'm so far from possibly doing anything like a regional chase that it is ridiculous, but for the sake of dreaming....someday.....
I am pretty sure I understand it after the last tutorial given by my readers, except for the regional thing. My thinking is that the region where you grabbed the miles shouldn't matter since that would be prohibitive to overall ride census from region to region.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association