"It was a perfect day to ride! We were out there in the quiet forest, where fall has shed her cloak in tatters on the ground, she lifts her bare arms skyward, reaching for her winter cloak." ~E.G.
We haven't really done much since the LD ride. A little longing, some ground games for respect, fiddling around with the Wintec saddle. One trail ride (that one was a doozy) so I thought this morning that we would be retraining since she's had a little hiatus. Not so! She was super good out there today. We had two instances that we were able to get that little four beat running walk thing going and she motors along nicely doing that. I just can't figure out how to make it happen myself! The weather couldn't have been more perfect. The upper 50's, light breeze now and then, trail nice and soft, but not wet, just right! Doug rode with me today, well---sort of. Phebes out walks Big Cree and I don't want to teach her to walk slow, so we do our thing and stop every now and then until we see them, then move out again. It was nice riding without an agenda. So very nice...
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association