Below is the past six weeks of conditioning. With only four more potential ride days available to me I am thinking I should focus on careful hill work probably right on our training track at home. We have hit it pretty hard the past nine days. She is going to have three days off with decreased feed, and we will go back to hill work on Friday, Sunday, and pleasure ride from that point forward to just keep her loose.
October 18, 2010 pleasure ride walking pace to just loosen up 5 miles.
October 16, 2010 Distance 24 miles.
October 12, 2010 Hill intervals 1 hour.
October 10, 2010 Hill intervals 1 hour.
October 9, 2010 13 miles of mostly sustained trotting.
October 2, 2010 Versailles State Park 24 miles.
September 28, 2010 slow hill intervals for 1 hour.
September 26, 2010 Clark State Forest 20 miles.
September 24, 2010 10 miles LSD
September 20, 2010 an hour of hill training, a short breeze home.
September 18, 2010 17 slow miles Versailles State Park.
September 17, 2010 an easy pleasure ride of 5 miles.
September 14, 2010 Hill intervals (7 quarter mile climbs), breezed the field home. Total 5 miles.
September 12, Sustained trotting (except for the downhills) 17 miles.
September 10, 2010 Hill repetitions. 5 miles.
September 5, 2010 Pleasure riding, just stretching out a little to limber her up from the work yesterday. Five slow miles.
September 4, 2010 We covered 24 miles today. Her pace was awesome! After we finished pulse was 55 bpm immediately!!!
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association