Michelle brought this to my attention and I thought I would share in case any Indiana/Ohio/Kentucky folks might want to give a CTR a whirl, this one supports Indiana Horse Rescue a great cause.
Michelle sent the following:
The ride is sanctioned by OAATS. I wanted to spread the word so that hopefully the ride can get lots of riders. Do you think you could post it on your blog????
The ride flyer fails to mention that camping is free unless you want electricity. It is an easy trail that is all in the SHADE. Important to know for a July ride. I do hope you can give it a try. But there is even a novice 10 or 15 mile ride too, I can't remember. The money goes to a good cause.
The official details are below:
Tour de Rescue
Indiana Horse Rescue Southwest
Sanctioned by Ohio Arabian & All-Breed Trail Riding Society (OAATS, Inc.)
Date: July 17th & 18th 2010
Type: CTR 25 Mile Elevator & 15 Mile Novice
25 Mile Elevator $85.00 (includes both days)
25 Mile $55.00 (one day only, July 17th or 18th)
15 Mile Novice $35.00 (one day, 18th only)
$5.00 off per ride if
registered by 06/17/2010
Primitive Camping—FreeLimited Power Hook Ups—$25.00 (Call Ahead)
Bathroom & Showers
Water Conveniently Located
Saturday & Sunday Mornings
Food Will Be Available
Friday & Saturday Nights
Shulah Greatwater (859) 466-6896
Kathryn Caldwell (812) 729-7697
Special Awards For Rescue Horses
Proof of Purchase/Adoption Papers from 501 (c)3 Non Profit Rescue Organization are Necessary
10254 West 800 South
Owensville, Indiana 47665
Conveniently located 5 Miles North of I-64 Exit 12
222 Miles from Cincinnati, OH
182 Miles from Indianapolis, IN
117 Miles from Louisville, KY
145 Miles from St. Louis, MO
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association