Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
February 2, 2010
What to put into your e-lyte syringes?
Today was PHASE 1 e-lyte syringe training. She started out in rodeo mode wanting to push me around with her front shoulder, flipping her head up down, up down, up down, up down, all the while spinning me in a frantic circle of evasion. With a whole bunch of expose and retreat I finally managed to give her two syringes of peach yogurt. I'm not sure she likes peach yogurt, but it seemed to be growing on her by the time we finished. Next time I'll try lime gatorade. ~E.G.