Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
February 8, 2010
More snow moving in so we snuck in a quick ride
It was slow going through the five inches of snow, and of course you don't know what you are stepping on or in underneath. So walking was the flavor of the day. Too slick to do otherwise. We went down part of our road twice and she was pretty good about that. The wet followed by snow has brought down a tree on our trail network, and another is leaning precariously....will probably come on down after tomorrow's snow, so that will cut me out of one side of the small loop I work unless I can carve out a little hand cut trail around it. Phebes was pretty good for the most part and it was so pretty with the heavy snow on everything. So at least I logged one ride this week albeit a short one (1 hour). ~E.G.