Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
January 18, 2010
The temperature took a dive again...
I tried to tough it out but with the wind blowing, three miles and I was just about frozen! Phebes took a short bucking fit out in our field, come to find out she had a stick in her tail that sticking her every now and then....poor Phebes. We had a strange raccoon incident on the trail. Phebes spotted him curled up and asleep next to the trail in the middle of the afternoon. Very unusual behavior as they are more nocturnal animals, and sleeping out in the open wasn't right. We woke the thing up twice on our laps, on the third round he was gone, probably looking for a more peaceful place to sleep. Phebes was just overall skittish this afternoon. But nothing explosive, just keeping me on my toes. I couldn't wait to get back because I was just so cold. Got Phebes in the barn, and untacked, then Doug decided she needed her front hooves trimmed, which she did, but I was so cold I couldn't hardly stand myself, then it was time to put the horses up, feed them, and put hay out for tomorrow, by this time I've been outside about an hour and forty-five minutes. I've been inside two hours and I'm still cold! I will probably not ride again until Saturday. Sunday we have rain forecast. It's just going to be hit or miss for awhile. At least we are moving, even if it we aren't getting very far. ~E.G. (teeth chattering)