Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
December 26, 2009
Finally got a ride in today
It wasn't looking good on Christmas Day, raining, wet and cold. But today the sun was shining, it was cold and blustery but beautiful out if you bundled. So bundle I did and took Phebes out for a short ride. She was absolutely full of herself, she about unseated me in the field on the way back, but I managed to scrabble back up after hanging from her mane hair...As I was riding out there today I thought it a shame there aren't more winter endurance rides. It is a different set of challenges, but truly love to ride in the winter more than in the heat of summer. What was really wierd was she plunged her head into the cold creek and drank! What I couldn't hardly get her to do all summer. We walked, trotted, and even cantered a short stetch. I checked out half of my training loop. Maybe if I can get back out tomorrow I can check the other half of it and see if we are good to go. The wet leaves were sure slippery, even at the trot we'd slip now and then. We did our ride bare. ~E.G.