Work ethic = C
Impulsion = A or D (depending on which loop of the trail we were on).
Pulse down = B it took 5 minutes due to heat and humidity.
Distance = 8 miles at a NOT very snappy pace.
I feel like I need to prod her to get her to move out. She is getting better about sustaining a trot without dropping me on my head, but getting her to move up from the walk to the trot isn't great right now... Perhaps riding with a snappy trail buddy will help with that. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association