Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
June 19, 2009
Our Heat and Humidity Index is very high at 104 degrees
The actual air temperature is 93.2 degrees F. coupled with humidity at 51 and dewpoint of 74. You can pretty well break a sweat just breathing, but get cool? NO WAY. If you know anyone from Indiana they will tell you that our weather like some in the south is brutal in the summer. I can't ride my girl like this. Even though they need to get tough to hot humid conditions, today is in the danger zone. ~E.G.