It's been a long week. I've worked some extra hours to fill in for others at work, and will work some more extra next week. Not complaining because the extra money will help out. I got home today, and vacuumed out the car since it has only been about nine months since it was cleaned, what a job. Then I had a ditch to dig by the barn where the rain water comes off the roof. The ditch keeps water from backing up into the walkway of the barn and making a mess. Stalls to clean. Dishes to do, laundry to start. Pulled some weeds, helped Doug unload our third truckload of hay this month. Back to the house to start something to eat for dinner. The phone rings, and I'm in the middle of slicing potatoes, so I let it go to voice mail. Some woman's voice that I do not recognize. Potatoes peeled, I go to the answering machine and hit play. She's is going on about calling back with a shipping address for something or other. I play it again, and she says she needs to confirm the shipping address for the horse heart monitor. Heart monitor? HEART MONITOR!!! Not often does Doug sneak one past me, but I was sure blind sided this time. I don't think I had cracked a smile in three days (no horse time) but let me tell you a big one spread across my face over this. Now I'll be able watch her rate while we ride, to try and avoid ever having an over ridden horse again.
My husband is A-W-E-S-O-M-E! *smiles* ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association