June 5, 2009

Heart monitor...HEART MONITOR??? !!!

It's been a long week. I've worked some extra hours to fill in for others at work, and will work some more extra next week. Not complaining because the extra money will help out. I got home today, and vacuumed out the car since it has only been about nine months since it was cleaned, what a job. Then I had a ditch to dig by the barn where the rain water comes off the roof. The ditch keeps water from backing up into the walkway of the barn and making a mess. Stalls to clean. Dishes to do, laundry to start. Pulled some weeds, helped Doug unload our third truckload of hay this month. Back to the house to start something to eat for dinner. The phone rings, and I'm in the middle of slicing potatoes, so I let it go to voice mail. Some woman's voice that I do not recognize. Potatoes peeled, I go to the answering machine and hit play. She's is going on about calling back with a shipping address for something or other. I play it again, and she says she needs to confirm the shipping address for the horse heart monitor. Heart monitor? HEART MONITOR!!! Not often does Doug sneak one past me, but I was sure blind sided this time. I don't think I had cracked a smile in three days (no horse time) but let me tell you a big one spread across my face over this. Now I'll be able watch her rate while we ride, to try and avoid ever having an over ridden horse again.
My husband is A-W-E-S-O-M-E! *smiles* ~E.G.

3 comments:

  1. What a nice husband you have to give you such a wonderfully useful gift! :)

    haha, what a funny bunch of people we are - most women would balk at the idea of their husband surprising them with a heart rate monitor! :)

    Enjoy! Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Doug sure seems to be a great guy! That last ride we went on at Versailles, and he came along to pleasure ride, and he ended up clearing all the trails of trees for us - so sweet!

    Hope you enjoy using the heart monitor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I LOVE mine~ very helpful! Keep us posted. If you need any advice on how to set it up, feel free to write or check out

    http://endurancerider.blogspot.com/2009/04/convert-human-chest-heart-rate-monitor.html

    & endurancerider's April 4th post on how to place it on the horse before saddling~ VERY USEFUL INFO!!

    ReplyDelete