I'm ordering Phebes a Running Martingale from Moss Rock Endurance. However...I have no clue how to set one up. She is making me one that will work with my rope reins. I thought this might help with Phebe's head flipping, if not I'll ebay it. We've done all kinds of exercises for vertical and lateral flexion and she is great with those, but it does not translate to the trail. The only time she flips is going downhill. She wants to rush down steep hills so I end up putting some pull on the reins to slow her down and this results in her flipping her head. Don't want to get that to be a habit as a friend of mine got her nose broke and her teeth knocked loose when her horse did that.
So! If any of you have instructions as to how to hook this thing up I'd sure be grateful. Does it replace a breast collar? Or does it attach to the breast collar?
Lisa is also sending me a short strap for the no longer elusive royal blue sponge :)
Heading out to Clark State Forest tomorrow!!!!
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association