This afternoon's adventure is training for the electric corral. It had been over a year since I'd set it up, and only once at that. It all came together easily enough, though I need to purchase a few more clamps for the setup. Doug built this for me at about half the cost of a pre-made corral. It consists of:
A very hot portable electric charger that runs on simple "D" cell batteries.
White step-in stakes from Tractor Supply.
White electric fencing tape, the wide kind for visibility.
2 for a dollar plastic clamps.
A metal connector that clamps over the tape and gives a good connection for the power supply.
A grounding rod that Doug had a friend weld up for us that includes a hook for hanging the charger.
We already had a digital fence tester to check the output of voltage.
I'll post up pictures later when the camera batteries have a charge. So far she is content to be in there as long as she has FOOD. She also drank out of her black water tub...that thing will be going with us to Henryville, first thing she did was stick her head in for a big old drink. She has no post ride issues today. This morning she was galloping around the field just to entertain herself, and harrass her Mama. Now me? I feel like I was run over by a truck. Slept ten hours and did not want to get out of bed. You young women....and those without Fibromyalgia, you have got it made!
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association