Valley Vet has a rotational worming schedule on their site:
This schedule rotates a different wormer about every two months. If you haven't done your winter deworming do it now, and you will be off and running on your rotational program.
#1 The wormer recommended now is Benzimidazole which is found in Panacur, Safe-Gaurd, and Equi-bits. I ordered Phebes wormer for the year from them for the next four months and spent very little (about $20) including the shipping by going generic when I could.
#2 Ivermectin after the spring thaw
#3 Pyrantel late spring to early summer
#4 Benzimidazole Summer
#5 Ivermectin early fall
#6 Pyrantel after the freeze in the fall.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association