Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
February 8, 2009
Photos of Phebes in her current tack set-up.
We went out for a short ride today alone. She did really well. Some of the trails were thawed out enough to ride, but the areas in the woods and our back field still has a crust on it. We only looped it once, and went on back where it had thawed better. For some reason she tried to spin back on me once. She stopped when I said "whoa". So I'll take that. We rode back down the gravel road. The sky is so beautiful today, and it felt so good to go out and not have forty layers of clothes on. THINK SPRING!!!