Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
December 21, 2008
How tight should I adjust the curb chain on the S-Hack?
My S-Hack from Running Bear came in the mail yesterday. I'm wondering how much slack should be in the curb chain? I've never used one of these and want to get it adjusted up properly when I try it out. Should the curb hang really loose, or should I just have an inch or so slack in it? I want some brakes, but don't want to be into it all the time either. ~E.G.