I'm separating Phebes from the herd, and going back for the perpetual remedial training.
This morning we have done: longe line, horse ballet, spooky walmart bag, off line control, load in the horse trailer, follow me, watch my feet, the squeeze game, respect my space, side pass around the pen clockwise, side pass around the pen counter clockwise, under saddle, vertical flexion, lateral flexion, whoa dammit! Back up back up back up, side pass to the right, side pass to the left, walk, trot, canter and try to buck me off, back to remedial training some more. She is in the round pen with a flake of hay, and a bucket of water. After lunch we will start again. I may not yet be a limited distance rider, but I definitely seem to have "endurance". ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association