Visit this link, offer up your favorite informative blog post from In the Night Farm's Barb Wire and you get a chance to win a beautiful handmade bosal, just by reading and choosing your favorite.
Check it out: http://inthenightfarm.blogspot.com/2008/10/best-of-barb-wire-contest.html
My personal favorites are those articles that speak to my path, and chosen style of riding. We ride bitless, so the latest article which includes Dr. Cook's Bitless really spoke to me. All of my horses go bitless, and I don't understand fully the belief that a bit "controls" the horse. Communication is the rider's control, that includes leg, seat, rein, voice, even where you are looking. All can be used to move our horses, stop our horses. If any of you have seen the bridle free reining exhibitions, these are beautiful examples of communication and partnership with the horse, without the pain of metal in the horse's mouth.
Stop in at The Barb Wire a wonderfully informative, and well written Endurance Blog.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association