October 19, 2008

Distance 3.28 mile Speed 3.7 mph Time 00:53:40




Had me a short training ride here at home trying to get her average speed up a little. Most of the time she was walking at least 3 mph, and I had her trot a little to make it up. I measured one of the small loops right behind the house, and it is 1/2 mile which makes a close "measured" loop when I am tired or just don't have a lot of time. The goal will be to get her so familiar with it that maybe...she will relax.

The treeless made me really sore. Not muscle sore as I felt secure, but really chafed sore in a lot of places, places that aren't good, so I'm sort of not sure about things. I'll have to give it a try as it seems to work well for her, but if I can't get over "my" issue, we'll be looking yet again. I'm determined to find a nicely balanced saddle that works for "us". If I were to the point where I was riding a trot 90% of the time, I'd be alright. It is just the squishiness of the seat at the walk chafing back and forth over several hours that is the trouble.

She rode pretty well today, only a few shenanigans, trying to autopilot the turn off home, and when we get back on our property she wants to start rushing the downhills. Otherwise the ride was pretty uneventful which for Phebes is GOOD.

Back to work tomorrow. ~Endurance Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment