In just a few weeks the AERC Nationals will be hosted at the Clark State Forest in Henryville, IN. The high sustained winds over the weekend wreaked havoc on our trail systems. Volunteers are needed to assist with clean up to prepare the trails for what for many will be a once in a lifetime event, the AERC Nationals being held in Indiana! If you have a weekend to spare please contact Connie and volunteer your time to assist with this clean-up effort!
This from Connie Caudill:
"The trails are a mess, Bill has a permit for us to get started. We will start in the morning, not sure what time but probably around 10:30 or so. Probably work on Mtn Grove first. We need to get some work days together. Barb Ferguson from the Pekin Saddle club is wanting to get together for some clean up on the trails with us. Let's get the word out and try to have a work week end this Saturday. If you can make it please let us know by either writing or calling."
You can contact Connie concerning who and what is needed at:
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association