If you are an aspiring distance rider (CTR, Ride & Tie, Supreme Trail Challenge, or Endurance) please feel free to post your "how to articles", "woops, that shouldn't have happened stories," "budgeting to even attempt this sport articles", or photos of you, your horse, and your plan for that first, second, or ? ride. Would love to see this blog become informative for all the newbies out there, or a network to keep each other motivated, or to find like minded individuals for training rides. ~Endurance Granny
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association