April 20, 2018

Maybe Karma is Speaking...

I have had a crazy run of events.  Each on it's own collectively pushing me away from horse dreams (which fulfills my personal happiness). None anyone's particular fault, some so terribly sad.  Is karma speaking...am I listening?

Husband has to have double knee replacement

I leave a job because I couldn't cope with my eyesight issues there

Replace my job, but no time to ride a horse really....

Old truck can no longer pull the steel truck up a hill

Find a farrier

Lose a farrier (due to one notified cancellation he refuses to reschedule)

Journey gets sick (winter founder)

Vet quits (because I posted a video of Journey's condition in the figuring out what the heck is this phase of things to see if anyone had seen a horse acting as she was as it was rather bizarre) (note I have three horses that regularly need vet care and yes I pay my bills on time).

I get a new farrier, heck of a nice guy...he calls saying he can't pull shoes, he's blown out his back and may not be able to return to farrier work at all.
We call our hay guy (we've bought from for 12 years) as the barn is getting low, to learn he was killed in a car accident.

So here I am.      No vet.   No farrier.   No hay supplier.    Just like dominoes in a period 12 weeks.

And I continue to battle ulcers.

Journey has front shoes that need pulled.
My hay "might" make it until I can safely wean the horses back onto grass.
And my prayer is that nobody gets sick.  I have set up an account with a new vet but haven't called to have him out so not sure what we are getting.  Still scratching my head over the other one....life seems to be waving a flag to no longer have horses.

It is all just CRAZY.

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow, Jacke, so sorry to hear all that! Vets and farriers... I've changed both in the last few years because of stupid drama. I sympathize with the "blowing out the back" cuz I just did that a couple months ago! Estimate is that maybe I can ride in July, not fun when you have a new green horse. I hope to read that some of your problems get resolved quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can find a friend to pull the shoes. Easier to get em off than to put em on!

    A thought on Journey-equine cushings can show strange symptoms(behavioral) as well as founder. Any middle aged equine should be checked.

    Hope things get better, a double knee replacement on your husband is stress enough without all the other stuff. Take care of yourself, it’s like the airline rule to put the oxygen mask on yourself first, so that you can help others. Keep us posted, we all have these problems, but hopefully not all at once like yourself!

    ReplyDelete